Here is our music video:


Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Click on the image below to access our website.

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Construction Post 9: My technical learning curve (production and post-production)

As somebody with relatively little experience with shooting or editing using digital technology, I believe my technical knowledge has increased massively over the filming and editing process. The pre-lim had given me a small amount of knowledge about how the camera worked, but my first real tie using it to film with a tripod and sound connected was in the test shoot. I never found the camera or tripod particularly difficult or complicated to use, and would say I can now confidently use both.



Editing was slightly harder to get used to, as I had only ever edited very simplistic shots together on software such as 'Windows Movie Maker', so it was quite a big step up to start using more professional, complex software. That said, I didn't find it particularly difficult to start editing using 'Adobe Premiere', largely thanks to the software's clear menus. I found it simple to drag and drop footage, audio and titles onto the tracks, and also very simple to cut down the footage to the times I needed by simply dragging the end of the footage to where I wanted it.

Grading and audio work was more challenging, and I required the technician to show me how to change volume and to start the grading process, but once she had done this I was able to easily do both of these things. As with the camera I feel as if I can now confidently use this software.

Overall, I believe I have become far more experienced with both the hardware and software that we used, and I would be able to competently use it again with little worry or struggle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment