Here is our music video:


Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Click on the image below to access our website.

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Evaluation Q3 Are you pleased with the footage and your finished edit? Is it how you expected it to look? What works really well and what would you change?

I'm very pleased with the finished edit and the majority of the footage that was shot. I believe that everybody played their roles effectively and passionately, and the shots look for the most part, very similar to the original shots. Even when a shot was unusable or missing, I was able to effectively compromise this in my edit, usually by zooming in other shots to give the effect of a close up. My finished edit looks very similar to the original video, and is therefore a success in my opinion. It is inserted below:



The finished edit is also similar to what I had expected it to look like, as it looks similar to the original, yet at the same time has some limitations which I had predicted would slightly effect the look of the video. For example, in the original, I believe the camera is of higher quality, although the camera we used for the remake was definitely still high quality.

I think that the best aspects of the remake are the group shots, which I believe capture the joyous atmosphere of the equivalent shots in the original, as can be seen in a GIF below. I also believe that the lip syncing is very convincing throughout, to the point where it can easily be imagined that Sian, who played Sydney in our remake is actually the singer of the song.



If I could re-do the shoot session, I would focus on making sure that the darker shots in the original videos are shot with the correct lighting, as many of these shots in my remake had to be artificially darkened through grading, which in my opinion doesn't look as good as the shots which were filmed in the darkness.
An example of my attempt at using grading to darken a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment