Here is our music video:


Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Click on the image below to access our website.

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Evaluation Q1 Did you enjoy the main workshop shoot day? What roles did you take? What were your best bits and why?

I massively enjoyed the shoot day, and found it a thoroughly interesting experience which was unlike anything I had ever done before. It was eye-opening to watch professionals working in different roles such as our cameraman Robin and our director Dom. It was also very interesting to see the many different aspects that must work together to produce a music video, especially in regards to how advanced the lighting was. Below is a time lapse of the shoot day:


Me in role as Graham
My main role was as a performer, specifically in the role of Graham, the drummer of the band Echosmith. Out of all the performing roles in the video I believe this was one of the simplest to perform, as most of my performance involved me sitting down and playing the drums, with some basic close-ups. I had a small amount of experience playing the drums in the past, so I found this to be a fairly easy role to adapt to, although my best performances were the result of following advice and encouragement from our
performance director Jasmine. I also played Graham in the group dance shots in the remake, which were easy to shoot as there was no specific choreography that I had to follow, and there was a very fun atmosphere, meaning that I never felt awkward or uncomfortable when dancing.

Me in one of the group dance scenes (I'm in the same
Costume as Graham.)
When not in front of the camera I took on several different other roles. I helped encourage performers from behind the camera. I also manned the clapperboard for several dozen shots, as is visible in some rushes such as below:
Me slating a take of shot 12
I also got the opportunity to act as a cable basher for our cameraman, and to observe the make-up artists at work. Overall, the shoot was incredibly enjoyable and I found it much more fun than I had been expecting. It felt much shorter than the (around) 7 hours I believe it actually was, and definitely gave me a lot of valuable information for my A2 project. Overall, my best bits were likely the drumming performances I did and the dance scenes at the end of the video, as I really enjoyed these and I think I did a good job with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment